Omega Baby Grand polished ebony
- 7" color touch screen - This touch screen is big, responds to a light finger touch for easy navigation (just like the much more expensive Kawai CP & Roland RM pianos) is beautiful to look at, and displays useful and easy to understand user info
- 128-note polyphony - This is a good amount of piano tone memory as compared to other pianos in its price range and equals that of many of the Yamaha & Roland digital pianos. Larger amounts of polyphony memory is generally helpful for better piano reproduction as well as proper playback & recording of multi-track songs which demand more note memory, such as higher quality General MIDI song files.
- A smooth playing Fatar graded hammer key action from Italy - This is not the typical lower quality Chinese key actions that I have had a problem with before, but a well known and respected Italian made Fatar key action with a very good reputation. Very smart of Omega for using this kind of graded hammer piano key action which enables realistic acoustic piano reproduction
- Lighted Key Panel follow along teaching system - Up until now, only Yamaha Clavinova CVP digital pianos have had this popular feature and it can be very useful for both children and adults. The built-in panel lights wait for you and show you what notes to play as the music is playing which can be inserted into the piano by using a USB flashdrive. You follow along at your own speed and the lights lead you to the next note using a 2-step teaching process. Very cool.
- 7-track recording & 16 track playback system for General MIDI songs. This is especially useful for music education and accompaniment songs while learning to play and 7 tracks is more than many of the other pianos out there with only 2-6 tracks.
- 128 instrumental sounds for a full compliment of sounds for playing all popular forms of music.
- 400 fingered & one fingered chord accompaniment styles of music (with drum patterns) for fun play for both kids & adults.
- Twin piano for 4-hand duet play (this splits the piano keyboard into two identical 44-note keyboards for duet play.
- 5 levels of adjustable key touch sensitivity
- Sound Layer and split keyboard functions
- 8 reverb & 8 chorus types of effects
- USB output to computer for access to music programs and music educational technology as well as a microphone input to sing through the piano (incl mic volume control)
- 3 built-in piano style foot pedals
- 80 watt/4 speaker built-in audio system
- Beautiful premium polished ebony cabinets (a satin brown mahogany cabinet is available in the LX505 model) with traditional grand piano "slow close" acoustic grand piano style key cover (big upgrade over most digital pianos)
As the old saying goes "you don't get something for nothing," but if you want a very nice digital piano for a less money than the other more well known brands that also looks great, sounds impressive overall, has lots of cool features, and plays smoothly with expression, then I would recommend you consider either the Omega baby grand LX802 or upright style digital piano LX505. Their very attractive acoustic piano style cabinets including the LX505 satin brown mahogany cabinet (above left pic) will look good in your home and the music that comes out of them will likely bring piano playing joy to your life and/or the lives of your family. Please email me direct for factory availability and discount price info on these new Omega pianos.
By the way, one more brand to consider when it comes to lower priced, but attractive furniture style cabinets that play & sound great would be the Samick brand. I have done a detailed review on the Samick digital pianos and would encourage you to read it over while doing your research. In fact there are some aspects of this piano I like better than the Omega brand and the Samick company is very well known as a respected acoustic piano manufacturer with various popular brands as well as as building high quality acoustic & electric guitars. Their digital baby grand and console pianos also look great and have some pretty impressive technology and amazing sounds. Go to the following link for more info: Samick Digital Grand Pianos.