- Casio Digital Pianos: The Casio company was founded in 1946 as Kashio Seisakujo in Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan.
- In 1954 the first prototype of all-electric compact calculator (relay model) was completed.
- In 1957 marketing for the world's first compact all-electric calculator, the "Casio 14-A" begins, and Casio Computer Co., Ltd. is established.
- In 1960 the Tokyo factory was completed in Yamato-machi, Kitatama-gun (now Higashi Yamato City), Tokyo, Japan
- In 1960 Tadao Kashio becomes company President (Interesting fact - the current company name "Casio" is actually derived from the founder's family name "Kashio")
- In 1965 the the 001, an electronic desktop calculator with onboard memory was introduced
- In 1967 Casio enters the US and Canadian markets (OEM partnership with Commodore)
- In 1967 Casio releases of the world's first programmable electronic desktop calculators with program (AL-1000 series)
- In 1971 the world's first inkjet printer was unveiled
- In 1972 came the release of the Casio Mini, the world's first personal calculator
- In 1974 was the release of the CASIOTRON electronic wristwatch
- In 1976 was the release of Electronic Cash Register (ECR)(Σ-50ER)
- In 1978 was the release of first card-size calculator, the Casio Mini Card (LC-78, thickness: 3.9mm)
- In 1980 was the release of the Casiotone 201 electronic keyboard
- In 1981 was the release of first electronic dictionary (TR-2000)
- In 1983 was the release of the G-SHOCK DW 5000C, the first shock resistant watch
- In 1983 was the release of the TV-10, a pocket-sized LCD TV
- In 1983 was the release of electronic keyboard with ROM pack (PT-50)
- In 1984 was the release of the Casio digital synthesizer keyboard (CZ-101)
- In 1985 was the release of an electronic guitar with a full selection of tones (DG-10/20, MG-500/510)
- In 1986 Casio invented and produced the world's first inexpensive personal keyboard sampler. A fantastic instrument that sold for about $99.http://world.casio.com/corporate/history/chapter02/contents12/
- In 1987 was the release of the portable digital audio tape recorder DAT (DA-1)
- In 1988 was the release of a guitar with built-in synthesizer sound (PG-380)
- In 1988 was the release of the Digital Horn (DH-100), a very small digital wind instrument that was easy to play (I actually owned and played one of these things!)
- In 1991 Casio Celviano digital piano line was established
- In 1998 was the development and launch of high-security encryption system, MDSR
- In 2000 is the release of wristwatch type MP3 player, Wrist Audio Player (WMP-1V)
- In 2000 is the WQV-1 Wrist Camera, a wristwatch-style digital camera
- In 2003 the affordable Privia electronic piano is released
- In 2010 is the release of mercury-free high-brightness projectors
Here's a video below of the Casio digital horn which was a product way ahead of its time when it came out back in 1980's.
Here's a video below of the famous Casio SK1 mini sampler keyboard that came out in the 1980's. I used to have one of these too and it was super fun!
Here's a video of the latest Casio home digital piano model PX850. This is a pretty impressive instrument in its price range. Discount internet price is $1099.
If you want more info on new digital pianos and LOWER PRICES than internet discounts, please email me at email@example.com or call direct at 602-571-1864
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Casio Digital Pianos - REVIEW of Casio Company History, Products, & Achievements
By Tim Praskins
Casio Digital Pianos - REVIEW of Casio company history - Very Interesting